Saturday 16 October 2010

I'm flaring..

Day 8 of my lastest Fibro Flare up. Deep joy no wait that is Deep pain. I've trapped a nerve in my back by just sitting. The nerve pain shoots down my back into my backside and down my legs. I have a trapped nerve in my neck and that is radiating across my shoulders, down into my arms and hands and fingers. Movement is pretty much nigh on impossible. On top of that I'm day 5 into an IBS attack. Struggling to eat anything without suffering horrible pain cramps and nausea

I have flare ups roughly every 10 days. These flare ups can last from anything to 10 days up to 8weeks.

Fibromyalgia is very real even though we may look ok on the outside no one truly knows how it feels to endure this horrible syndrome unless you're a fellow sufferer.

Symptoms of Fibromyalgia:
Anxiety - stress and worry
Concentration and memory problems - known as fibro fog
Depression
Digestive disorders
Discoloration of hands and feet (Raynaud's phenomenon)
Dryness in mouth, nose, and eyes
Chronic Fatigue
Headaches - Migraines
Irritable bowel syndrome
Stiffness - not just in the mornings
Pain - Nerve Pain, Muscle Pain, Cramps, Muscle Spasms
Painful menstrual cramps
Restless legs syndrome
Muscle Twitches
Sleep problems
Swelling, numbness, burning, and tingling in hands, arms, feet, and legs
Trigger points
Urinary symptoms
TMJD Temporomandibular Joint Disorder
TN Trigeminal Neuralgia
Chemical, Food, Smells, Noise - Sensitivities
Skin Disorders

Just to mention a few, some of us have other ailments but these are the general symptoms. If you know someone who suffers with this please help raise awareness. If you don't know anyone with this condition and you meet someone with it please be gentle with us. We may look ok on the outside, there is never anything OK about Fibromyalgia it is an invisible illness. It takes over your life and you are at the mercy of your own body trapped inside a broken body.


No comments:

Post a Comment