Friday 7 May 2010

Beadies that I have yet to create something with







My lampworking buddies have made these beads and they are stunning yet I have to create something with them..

The spotty coloured beads are by Dee from Cherry Obsidia. The deep red with a snake skin look are by Dee again.

The bumpy hollows are by Ray Skene from http://www.celticglass.co.uk/ who I had the pleasure of meeting at the flame off. A lovely talented guy. I can only hope to be as talented one day. Although I have been assured I will pick it up fast LOL! hmm Well after watching Ray created the most amazing pieces with Glass I guess that sort of talented doesn't just get 'picked up' but we shall see. I know I picked up the Silversmithing and Jewellery making fairly easily, I'm not sure if that is natural talent or just an understanding on a deeper level but I seem to have no difficulty in creating exactly what I want. I love love love my work my only regret is that I didn't discover this sooner. My goal is to create all my pieces by hand, beads included...I'm lucky that I have full support of my husband and family. I'm at my happiest when I'm creating. It gives me an outlet for my very busy mind and being Bipolar it's a plus to have that outlet.



























No comments:

Post a Comment